Gemini SLATE 2-Channel Serato Dj Intro Controller Review
The Gemini SLATE 2-Channel Serato DJ Intro Controller is perfectly designed to help those who want to mix music easily while using a state-of-the-art piece of equipment that is still affordable. This controller comes fully equipped with RIB backlit pads, a newly designed capacitive jog wheel and an overall familiar layout design that feels comfortable for all DJs from beginners to expert spin stars.
The Gemini SLATE 2-Channel Serato DJ Intro Controller is by far one of the most dynamic controllers on the market. Not only does it have 2 mixing channels, it also comes with 2 full-featured decks, multiple colors and two rows of pads.
All this lies within a thin but extremely strong enclosure that makes it very durable, as well as quite portable for those long periods on the road. With this controller, you have instinctive control through the various types of onboard DJ tools including a key lock, advanced effect controls and a pitch fader among many others.
You also have constant access to the dedicated filter controls as well as the EQ. In addition to all this, the MIDI compatibility allows you to easily adapt this controller for use with most of your favorite DJ applications.
One of the best things about the Gemini SLATE 2-Channel Serato DJ Intro Controller is that it has pre-mapped FX controls that give you immediate results with the onboard Serato DJ Intro software. This ensures that you can easily feel your way around the software as well as the equipment as you get to know the Serato DJ software as well as familiarize yourself with a top-of-the-range DJ controller.
In addition to all this, Gemini has gone above and beyond to provide DJs with something a little different and more efficient as far as ease of use is concerned.
Instead of the typical two rows of 8 pads, 4 mode buttons line the top and each one with a shift layer, Gemini has gone in a different direction. They have provided you with one shift button labeled pad mode. This shift button changes color on active mode. This goes towards allowing you access 7 modes including:
- Hot cue
- Manual loop
- Auto loop
- Hot loop
Press of one easy-to-access buttons, as opposed to going into one mode, then press the same button to go into a secondary mode. You do, however, have to press twice if you want the slicer to go into slice loop mode. All this makes this controller one of the most intuitive we have seen on the market today.
Gemini SLATE 2-Channel Serato Dj Intro Controller Features
- It has a 2-channel mixer with 3-band EQ, each with a dedicated filter control
- 1/4″ microphone input that has gain control
- Each deck comes with 8 multi-function RIB pads
- It is Serato DJ Upgrade ready
- The jog wheels are all high resolution and touch sensitive
- It has responsive controls that have high-resolution 14-bit Midi
- Pre-mapped FX controls that allow for easy Serato DJ Intro control and familiarization
- It also offers an excellent MIDI mapping functionality that covers the entire controller
- USB/MIDI software controller that comes with a built-in professional 24-bit PC/MAC audio interface
- 1/8″ headphone output and RCA master outputs
- It is built with quality in mind which makes it very durable
- It is lightweight, which makes it easy to transport
- It is very easy to use which makes it perfect for beginner DJs as well as experts
- Produces a clear sound which is really what you want from your DJ controller
- It is very compact which makes it convenient to take it on the road
- It comes with Serato DJ software Intro which gives you a look and feel for one of the world’s most popular DJ software
- It has an intelligent button layout and functionality which makes it a rather intuitive controller
- It is quite affordable
- Its pre-mapped FX controls allows for easy control and familiarization of the Serato DJ software
It is quite compact which means that all the controls such as jog wheels and sliders have been reduced in size. This means that unless you are a crack shot, you will have to be more careful when hitting those controls.
This is a DJ controller built for moderately small events and mobile DJ’ing. The best thing about it is that it gives you an intuitive lay of the land, as it were, and allows you to quickly learn the Serato DJ software and use the different knobs, wheels and pads that come with almost every DJ controller in the world.
You will have to upgrade to the full version of Serato DJ software once you take off the training wheels, but for a start, the Gemini SLATE 2-Channel Serato DJ Intro Controller is perfect.